Monday, May 15, 2006

"T1 line hooked into the Attorney General." And an OC-3 line connected to the Lincoln Memorial.
"Fine."
"Check your overlay. Check the connection." 'Jiggle it. Jiggle it, now!'
"If there was something on the memory chip, it's been erased." Which is how flash memory works. Just flash something at it and it clears it. This is different from magnetic memory which is like an Etch-A-Sketch. (shake it to erase).
Miles is about the get hurt.
"Transfer to where?" -- "The White House."
"How could you do this Miles? This is not over. There will be an investigation."
"I work for the President."
Weak. Can't Jack just rip our one eye or something. Low budgets mean he'll have to do it for real. I don't mind terribly. He can play a pirate for the rest of his career.
"Take the recorder back to processing." I predict fancy camera angles from the recorder's perspective.
"Karen, what's this I hear about a conference call with the Attorney General?" 'Nope, uh, we were just testing connecting T1 lines to things. We've had successful tests until we got to the chihuahua.
"I'm suspending the arrest order against Jack Bauer."
"Thanks Karen. Good work."
"Bierko's escaped." Wow, I can't believe they resisted the urge to smack us in the face with that one.
Hey, one canister of nerve gas!
"We can't do much with one canister of nerve gas." -- "You're wrong."

---

"Make sure that it's returned to him."
"No, there's nothing else."
[04:14AM]
"I'm sorry about this, Aaron."
"Listen to me Aaron. You think you know what's going on. I'm here to tell you you don't."
"That recording doesn't exist."
"You're not hearing what I'm saying. That recording doesn't exist."
"I need to know that we can put this behind us."
"... whatever post you want. Except for the White House of course."
"There is nothing you have said or done that's acceptable to me in the least. You're a traitor to the country and a disgrace to your office..."
"Is there anything else, Charles?" Oh, snap. He called him Charles. Chuck would have been funnier. Or breaking his restraints and snapping his neck after calling him Mary.
"His loyalty is to David Palmer. He's going to be a problem."
"Can't do anything without proof."
"As for Aaron Pierce, that's another matter."
"Mike? I just got off the phone with Karen Hayes."
"They have reason to believe that Bierko might be readying another terrorist attack."
"Keep me apprised of the progress."
"Chloe, any luck?"
"I'm backstreaming now."
"4AM in the middle of a curfew..."
"No, not this time. Noth this man."
"You think this is about a grudge?" 'Last time I had a grudge, it was against the Irish in the mid-nineteenth century.'
"Jack, what would David Palmer want you to do if he was here." 'Kill Henderson and President Logan?'
"If you're going to give him a deal, at least let me present it." 'You you want a deal or to have your face smashed in?'
"You call yourself a patriot. Prove it." 'Recite the second verse of the Star-Spangled Banner?'
"... not the version you read about on the op-ed pages of the New York Times."
"You can't really think that Charles Logan masterminded this all by himself."
"I know what your word is worth to you. That's all I need."
"Bierko is going to hit hard, so you'd better think fast."
---
"Chloe, I want you working out of the Situation Room."
"Not a Phoenix! It's a poison-pill firewall. Any attempt at circumventing it and the hard drive does a cold-start erase. At which you can forget about retrieving any data." (Plausible. But barely.)
If he tries anything, I swear to you I will kill him." 'Ah, he took the last Tic-Tac. Thwap.'
"You're going to shoot me? I'm the First Lady. Are you going to shoot the First Lady?"
"Hey, Martha offed a guy."
"Aaron! Stay with me." (He just got smacked around. He's not dying in standard 24-Physics."
---

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home