Tuesday, July 25, 2006

ESPN fires Harold Reynolds

Word is Harold Reynolds is packing his smooth delivery and giant baseball brain for greener pastures away from ESPN where he's worked for eleven years. By greener, I mean any pasture that lets him in the building.

Sorry, Kruk and Timmy (Don't really know his name), Gammons and Reynolds were like the Crockett and Tubbs of freakish baseball knowledge. I'm hereby refusing to watch Baseball Tonight now. I just removed it from my Tivo schedule[1]. Unless he killed somebody. Or committed some sort of crime. Not just any crime, but at some point I'll need to hear the phrase "Harold Reynolds' legal problems continued today when a grand jury indicted him on four counts of arson in connection with the Great White club fire..." for me to be okay with this.

This would be easier to take if ESPN didn't have an ironclad monopoly on sports news and entertainment. Where's he going to go? If anyone mentions Joe Morgan, ever, in relation to this, I'll start the revolution right now but let's hope ESPN management (ex-baseball managers or just professional pencil pushers? I wonder.) apologizes. Like they thought it was Stuart Scott. (Boo-yah.)

Unless he killed a busload of kids. On their way to the Special Olympics. With a hand grenade. That he made himself. In his office. On company time. When he should have been at Marie-in-Accounting's birthday party.

(Note: I may have to retract, well, all of this at some point. Enjoy until then.)

[1] - Not really. I only catch it when it happens to be on.

read more | digg story

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home