Sunday, May 21, 2006

Comment, comments, comments . . .

So, in checking the site this morning, I noticed that we had lots of comments from last night and early this morning. It looks like we're getting pretty popular. Here's a sampling of what our readers had to say . . .

Anonymous writes . . .
Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.

Thanks Anonymous. I agree. Most sites are absolute crap!

Anonymous writes . . .
What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.

Thanks for the compliment. As to your question, it's actually quite difficult to build a site like this. There's lots of clicking of buttons, choosing radio buttons, and sometimes even typing.

Anonymous writes . . .
Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.

I'm glad you like the design, but I have to give all the credit to Joe. He came up with the idea of using a motif of "a lot of black, and maybe some gray text to help with readability."

Anonymous writes . . .
I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.

You must be referring to either the blogger logo or Joe's certificate indicating that he's a finalist for the Da Vinci code game. In either case, those aren't our pictures. But I'm glad you find the site informative.

Anonymous writes . . .
Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys

This comment was in reference to Joe calling the guy Jack knocks out on the airplane Vegetable Lasagna. I'm glad someone got that reference. It was pretty arcane. This is why I went with calling him Vladimir Putin.

Anonymous writes . . .
Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.

Well, "very best site" might be a little strong. We're certainly not in Jakob Nielsen territory, but I appreciate the sentiment.

Anonymous writes . . .
Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.

You may be surprised to learn this, but there are actually a few other people who liveblog events, even some who live blog 24. What makes us unique is that, as you can see by the comment from anonymous we aren't rubbish.

Anonymous writes . . .
Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.

Back at you anonymous! I like your site too. I especially liked how it was a list of links to various topics. That's definitely helpful, and I bet your Google page rank is tops!

Anonymous writes . . .
Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.

Again, Joe gets all the credit for the design. Although, I did make a change so that the date of the post appears, rather than just the time. So, it's sort of a collaborative effort.

Anonymous writes . . .
I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!

You must be referring to the way in which we use our words to draw mental images that make you laugh, and sometime think. So, thanks!

Anonymous writes . . .
Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.

We like to think that we are nice. So, thanks for that. Our site, however, we prefer to think of as edgy. You know, the kind of site that sticks it to the man. Probably deep down the site is nice, but there's a hard exterior that you won't be able to easily penetrate. Oh, and thanks for your suggestion about the pictures. We look forward to your return!

Anonymous writes . . .
Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.

Greets back at you. You stay employed as well!

Anonymous writes . . .
Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.

I'm afraid that you've hit on a common misconception, anonymous reader. This site is not really for beginners such as yourself. If you want to get started with examining gratuitous violence in television shows, you must first understand violence up close. I'd recommend taking up boxing or head to the front lines of a WTO protest.

Anonymous writes . . .
Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.

[Clearly, this user is not a native speaker of English. Forgive me while I respond appropriately.]: Hallo! Juan es de Madrid. Julio es un estudiante. Están en la playa.

Anonymous writes . . .
Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.

Well, this really isn't a script or a guestbook. This is a web log, or blog. This probably isn't the best place to go into the details, but you can learn more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog.

Anonymous writes . . .
Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.

And all the best to you to. Thanks for each of your wonderful comments. I'm sorry I couldn't get to all of them. There were just too many to read. I also enjoyed going to see all of your sites. I'm glad to know there are so many resources to find links to stuff.

Oh, and in other news, I've disabled commenting by unregistered users.

Goodnight everyone . . .

2 Comments:

Blogger Live Blogging said...

Boo. Bad form. But the design is excellent.

10:24 PM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Scott said...

Bad form to disable anonymous commenting? Or bad form to spend a half hour deleting them?

10:28 PM, May 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home